Cheeky Transport will be cheering you all on and giving away some waterbottles and stickers and tasty snacks on Wilson Street Newtown (opposite the cafe) from 7-9am at least.
Wednesday 4 October is Ride to Work Day, when people all over Australia are encouraged to give riding to work a go. Ride to Work Day was introduced in Victoria 13 years ago by Bicycle Victoria. It now attracts thousands of riders each year. This year is the first time Ride to Work Day comes to NSW.
- Breakfast in the CBD, hosted by Bovis Lend Lease. For details, and to register for your free ticket, click here. Registrations will close Tuesday 5pm.
- Harbour Bridge Cycleway Steps (Milsons Point), hosted by North Sydney Council 7am to 9am First 100 cyclists receive a free drink bottle. The new North Sydney Bike Map will be launched at this breakfast.
- BBQ Breakfast hosted by Ryde City Council When: Oct 4, 7am-9am Where: Wilga Park (map) Go in the draw for a $250 bike voucher
Bike Buses and Bike Buddies
- Narrabeen To CBD, Wed and Thu, 6:20am (details)
- Marrickville to CBD, 6:58am (details)
- Homebush to CBD, 7am (details) Normally only goes Tuesday’s, but will go on Wed 4 October as well.
- Bondi Junction to CBD, 7:30am (details)
- Ride to Work Day flyer – important information about Ride to Work Day.
- No excuse zone – based upon a series of test rides, this map shows the distance a healthy person can ride within half an hour to or from the city centre.
- RTA – Call a toll free number to have one or more free maps posted to you free. Click here for available maps and number to call.
- Bikely – cycling routes in Australia and beyond.
- Bike-it! – A Back Street Guide for Cyclists. Full colour maps, alternate routes, tips on riding in traffic plus the contact details for bicycle shops and bike groups.
- University of Sydney bike map – good map covering parts of the inner west.
- Sydney Olympic Park
- Register free as an individual
- Order a free kit for your workplace – receive helpful materials and hints & tips to get your co-workers involved.
- If you work in the CBD, don’t forget to get your free ticket for the Bovis Lend Lease breakfast.
Who is organising this?
- Bicycle Victoria – started it all 13 years ago. They run all the back end systems, provide kits, etc.
- Bicycle NSW – do overall organisation in NSW.
- Bike North – active north of the river.
- And many other BUGs, organisations and individuals.
|Phone:||(02) 9218 5400|