The Watershed Cycling Promotion Volunteer promotes cycling and bike culture broadly through networking with cycling organisations, support of local bike projects and development of projects and initiatives, including The Watershed Bike Library.
- Maintain strong relationships with local cycling organizations
- Work with Watershed staff to maintain the Watershed Bike Library
- Promote The Watershed Bike Library at local events in order to increase membership and loans
- Develop other cycling promotion initiatives
TIME COMMITMENT AND DURATION
- Approx 1 day per week, may vary according to project need.
- Volunteering can be undertaken any day between Tuesday and Friday, 10am and 4pm, and Thursdays until 7pm
- This position is ongoing.
Preferred start date: March 2011
- Administering Bike Library loans and memberships
- Contributing to research and evaluation reports
- Networking and maintaining relationships with cycling groups and partner organisations
- Organising and participating in promotional activities
- Develop other cycling promotion project activities as required
Reporting to Dianne Moy and working with the rest of the Watershed team.
- A love of bikes
- Passion and initiative
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networks with cycling organisations
Email Dianne Moy (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining how you meet the criteria for the position.