We Australia’s best and most experienced Brompton dealer. We think that Brompton folding bikes offer the best combination of ride quality, gearing, folded size and luggage options of any folding bike. Every element of the Brompton design is engineered to reduce the folded size while maintaining rideability and comfort.
All of us have all ridden Bromptons extensively, Adam uses his daily and even rode his to his wedding ceremony, and all of us love ’em. We’re Brompton specialists and enthusiasts.
We keep a demo Brompton in store for test-rides and test-folds. Our bike is a M6L – 6 gears with riser handlebars. It’s probably our, and our customers, favourite combination of components for riding in Sydney. We can talk you through all the choices available and tailor your Brompton to suit your needs.
You can also look at luggage options including the C-Bag and Folding Basket for the front carrier block, and the B-Bag – Brompton’s padded suitcase for the bike, designed for airline travel.
We are Sydney’s most experiences Brompton mechanics. Nick has had 1-on-1 training from Brompton staff, covering the specialised repairs that Bromptons can occasionally require. We keep an extensive range of spares and accessories in stock, and regularly renovate, service and overhaul Bromptons of all ages.
Ordering and Pricing
We aim to keep a number of complete Bromptons in common configurations in stock, subject to availability. We also have access to a number of bikes held in stock with the Australian Brompton importer/distributor, so can generally obtain these bikes within a week.
Brompton also offer an extensive custom bike program. We can help you set-up a Brompton tailored to your specific needs – from a light and fast city single-speed to a heavy-duty long-distance touring bike. Typically lead-time on Bespoke orders is around 8 weeks.
The most basic configuration of the bike, with a single speed hub and no mudguards, starts at $1830. A typical ‘Sydney’ configuration for the bike – an M6L is $2350 but there are lots of variations including colours
Manufacturer’s Website and detailed bike configurator including Australian prices and weights
Interesting Brompton Related Stuff
- The Unauthorized Brompton Touring Guide – Russ and Laura from Path Less Pedaled toured New Zealand extensively on Bromptons in 2012, and produced a great E-Book from their trip, full of excellent first hand information on how to use the Brompton as a heavy duty touring bike.
- Will Self’s Love for His Brompton
- Touring on a Brompton
- Brompton Folding Bikes on Flickr
- Inventing The Perfect Folding Bicycle: The Brompton’s inventor talks about how the bike was created. ..and video of the speech
- Olivier Pascaud’s Brompton Factory Photo Gallery
- Design Case Study: Innovation Of The Brompton Folding Bicycle: More on the history and development of the Brompton from an engineering perspective.