We think that Brompton folding bikes offer the best combination of ride quality, gearing, folded size and luggage options of any folding bike. Every element of the Brompton design is engineered to reduce the folded size while maintaining rideability and comfort.
Most of us have ridden the bikes extensively, two of us own our own Bromptons and all of us love ‘em. We’re Brompton specialists and enthusiasts.
We keep a demo Brompton in store for test-rides and test-folds. Our bike is a M6L – 6 gears with riser handlebars. It’s probably our, and our customers, favourite combination of components for riding in Sydney. We can talk you through all the choices available and tailor your Brompton to suit your needs.
You can also look at luggage options including the C-Bag and Folding Basket for the front carrier block, and the B-Bag – Brompton’s padded suitcase for the bike, designed for airline travel.
There are lots of colour choices available to order. Any two of the colours shown below can be combined on the frame of a bike. The NYCEWheels Colour Chooser allows you to preview the 225 possible combinations.
We also keep a number of spares and accessories in stock, and have successfully renovated and overhauled a number of older Bromptons.
Ordering and Pricing
All our Bromptons are custom ‘B-Spoke’ orders. The most basic configuration of the bike, with a single speed hub and no mudguards, starts at $1433.
A typical bike configuration for Sydney commuting, with a 6spd gear set, mudguards and a Brompton pannier or basket is around $1900-2100. Browse the catalogue and contact us for pricing on your chosen set up.
We order your Brompton direct from the UK and bikes are delivered within 6-8 weeks.
Update – December 2012 – Our current Brompton order lead time is around 3 months. We’re expecting bikes ordered in December/January to arrive in March / April 2013.
Interesting Brompton Related Stuff
- The Unauthorized Brompton Touring Guide - Russ and Laura from Path Less Pedaled toured New Zealand extensively on Bromptons in 2012, and produced a great E-Book from their trip, full of excellent first hand information on how to use the Brompton as a heavy duty touring bike.
- Will Self’s Love for His Brompton
- Touring on a Brompton
- Brompton Folding Bikes on Flickr
- Inventing The Perfect Folding Bicycle: The Brompton’s inventor talks about how the bike was created. ..and video of the speech
- Olivier Pascaud’s Brompton Factory Photo Gallery
- Design Case Study: Innovation Of The Brompton Folding Bicycle: More on the history and development of the Brompton from an engineering perspective.